Monday, January 24, 2011

Give me an A..."A"

It was a big weekend for little Ali! She had her first Cheer Competition in Tunica, MS. We were up very, very early doing piggytails and curling hair! (neither of which mommy is good at) She was so excited that waking up at 5am was not even an issue. Ali's squad was the 3rd in line to perform and I was SOOO nervous. I felt silly..but I was nervous for Ali..and she later told me.."Mommy, I was sooo nervous but I just kept smiling!" That's my girl!! Her squad placed 2nd out of three squads..that meant nothing to Ali really..she was just thrilled with "bear bear"..the bear Coach Stephanie gave her for doing a "beary" good job! It was a great day, and Ali's love of cheerleading was fueled even more. All we heard the rest of the weekend was..."5..6..7..8.." ohhh boy..she'll be doing arm motions in her sleep!

 The excitement continues this weekend because 1.) she gets to perform again at Arlington High School, and friends and family will be there AND 2.) we leave Sunday morning for our Disney Cruise!!! I am beside myself with excitement..mainly for Jack and Ali. No matter how old we get, it is not hard to remember that giddy feeling we got as kids when we realized we were going somewhere fabulous. I think I have done them a favor by not telling them though...they wouldn't sleep a wink and I imagine they would have gotten in serious trouble at school this week!

These are the times being a mom is so much fun, and I think back to when I thought I may never have this chance...I am so thankful. But like everyone, there are times I take it for granted and let the little things drive me crazy. I pray I will do that less and less..I have close friends that would do anything to be driven crazy by whining, fighting and endless "why's?". I love you Jack and Ali. I cannot wait to share this family memory with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment